2016: a photo for each month
Wake me up when this year is over. Inspired by @avecsarah
- •JanuaryMy best friend Jeff and his old bandmate Kenji playing their 10 year reunion show at the Troubadour! That night felt like the best and biggest high school reunion.
- •FebruaryThis art piece used to make me super emotional and when I needed to clear my head (which was often), I would walk up to the park and sit right near it. I think they have since removed the piece and I'm still sad about it.
- •MarchMy little cousin Ruby "cleaning up" on Easter.
- •AprilOne of my favorite professors, Dr. James Crossen, passed away. We had always connected over Maugham & Dylan Thomas, so I bought him a collection of short stories by Maugham, and he gave me a book of poetry, featuring Thomas. The day after he passed, the book just so happened to topple off my bookshelf while I was cleaning it, so I sat on the floor crying & reading poetry for hours. It was a cathartic moment.
- •MayAfter a terrible few weeks, my mom and I went to Palm Springs for a restorative, relaxing vacation.
- •JuneMy 28th birthday was full of surprises and a ton of love.
- •JulyMatt and I went to see Brand New at the Forum. My 8th BN show!
- •AugustIt was a hot month that produced few photos, so here's Stewart.
- •SeptemberSigur Ros at the Hollywood Bowl 😍
- •OctoberLiza and Iskr came up from Mexico to visit!
- •DecemberTo close out a monumentally shitty year for both of us, Kyle and I went to Harlowe and laughed for hours and hours. He loves to take photos when I'm not ready for it. I have at least 5 years worth of photos of us that look almost exactly like this one. I suppose it's kind of endearing.