The Cops of Southland, Ranked
Plus Tammi because she sucks. Look, if even one person on li.st watched this show, I'll be stoked.
- •Dewey DudekA racist, sexist cop who gets sober and drives everyone crazy with his lectures about working the steps. I know way too many Deweys in real life. The only time I liked him was... okay, I can't even think of one time.
- •Tammi BryantSo she's not a cop but Tammi is the absolute WORSTTTTT and, frankly, I needed another awful character to balance out all the good ones on this list. I hate you, Tammi.
- •Josie OchoaLoved Josie until she left Lydia hanging out in the cold for screwing her adult son. They're adults, lady. Get over it.
- •Kenny "No-Gun"He was kind of useless but I just feel like I have to support Patrick Fischler in anything he does because he's underrated.
- •Hank LuceroUgh do I hate him or do I like him!? I don't even know. His last episode was his best.
- •Ruben RobinsonI loved watching him practice his speech for his daughter's birthday while standing over a dead body, but let's be real, he's no Russell.
- •Chickie BrownI felt for her every time I saw her get stuck with Dewey as a riding partner. She made this face like 90% of the time.
- •Russell ClarkeI'm still mad at him for not dating Lydia, but that scene where he got shot at the party really affected me. I have a soft spot for Russell.
- •Jessica TangThe Tang/Cooper partnership was a gift. I didn't think it could get any better than Sherman/Cooper until Tang came in. She had ZERO fucks left to give.
- •Nate MorettaStill not over this. Not ready to talk about it yet. Give me another couple years. 😭💔
- •Ben ShermanI loved him the moment I found out why he became a cop. He was the perfect center point for the show, especially as the privileged white boy from Beverly Hills who is often misunderstood. He wasn't all surface (even if he did sleep with yoga teachers and live in Silverlake like some hipster douchebag).
- •Sammy BryantHis life was always a mess, but he was the perfect blend of vulnerability and detachment. He wasn't that great with boundaries, and he held a grudge like nothing you've ever seen. I understood Sammy a little too well.
- •Lydia AdamsLydia is everything I aspire to be. She was strong as hell, and yet, she was a lot more fragile than she let on. If I'm half the woman she was, I'll be thrilled.
- •John CooperTHE BIGGEST MISSED EMMY OPPORTUNITY EVER. FUCK YOU, EMMYS. Michael Cudlitz deserved all the awards.