Songs that get stuck in my head as of late:
Things that I repeatedly sing while driving, while grocery shopping, while cooking dinner, while showering, etc.
- •"Work" - RihanaWerk werk werk werk werk. Lately, this has been my go-to while doing pretty much anything.
- •"I'm Going To Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair." - South PacificAnd send him on his waaaaaaay. This one, naturally, sings best while in the shower.
- •"Beer for my Horses" - Toby KeithWhiskey for my man, and beer for my horses, y'all. I think this is an ode to my southwestern roots that I can't escape.
- •"Ni**as in Paris" -Jay Z & Kanye WestSomething about the line "ball so hard MFers wanna fine me" that really calls for me to sing it out. No matter where I am. Which can get so awkward.
- •"White Christmas" - Bing CrosbyRegardless of the season, I always find myself humming the chorus... Especially when at Target.
- •"Hips Don't Lie" - ShakiraOh baby when you talk like that, you make a woman go mad. I like to sing this while washing dishes.
- •"(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" - Carole KingMy coworkers are starting to find this one annoying. But alas, it keeps me going as I respond to emails.
- •"Chim Chim Cher-ee" - Mary PoppinsNo clue why. This one is a good one to sing while you are filling up your car with gas.
- •"Irreplaceable" - BeyoncéTo the left, to the left. All day. Especially when giving someone directions in the car, and we *happen* to be turning left.
- •"The Sound of Music" - The Sound of MusicThis is a good one as you are taking the trash out, because being outside gives you optimal space to really hit the high notes of the Ah-ah-ah-ahhhhh's to your full potential.
- •"Our Song" - Taylor SwiftAn oldie but a goodie. Before Taylor Swift was all poppy, and more country. I can sing this song at the top of my lungs. And it gives me a thrill. And makes me want to buy boots. (Okay, Jk. I'm not the boot type.)