FAVORITE LADY NONFICTION
essays/memoirs by lady writers is my favorite genre
- •Bossypants, Tina FeyThis is chock full of great stories from her college years, to time writing on 30 Rock, to her breast-feeding experience. One of the funniest and most sincere pieces is a prayer written for her daughter. Love this one.
- •Yes Please, Amy PoehlerAnother SNL member! This one is my personal fave. Amy's writing is so honest and funny, but also so sincere and comforting. I feel like I'm cuddling newborn puppies every time I read this.
- •YDAD, Mamrie HartMamrie Hart's YDAD (You Deserve a Drink) is probably the funniest series on YouTube. This book is a collection of hilarious (and often embarrassing) stories from Mamrie's life, sprinkled with punny jokes. This one will absolutely, 100% make you laugh out loud! (Bonus: each chapter features a drink recipe that relates to the story!)
- •Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? & Why Not Me?, Mindy KalingMindy is my spirit animal TBH. Every single thing in these two books is honest, relatable, and hilarious. These two books are actually my best friends..
- •Crazy Salad & Scribble Scribble, Nora EphronBrutally honest. Funny. Smart. This one's a classic from one of the greats. Love.
- •Tiny Beautiful Things, Cheryl StrayedThis collections of letters written to Sugar (aka Strayed) and her empathetic responses is a fantastic and beautiful work that can serve as a comfort to us all.
- •The Opposite of Loneliness, Marina KeeganThis posthumous collection is not all nonfiction, as it also contains some short stories from the late Keegan. Nonetheless, it is a truly insightful collection of pieces of work by a writer we lost too soon.
- •Suggestions?COMMENT PLEASE!!