7 Things You Need to Know Before 'Luther' Season 4 Airs Tonight on Bbc America
Two new hour-long episodes of “Luther” air on BBC America at 9 p.m. ET tonight, and fans of the show and its star, Idris Elba, are excited! Here’s what you need to know to get you ready:
- •If you haven’t seen the first three seasons, it’s too late for that now, so the sum up is this: Idris (yes, as his #1 fan, we’re on a first-name basis) plays Detective Chief Inspector John Luther, a skilled and dedicated police officer who is tortured by many of the crimes he investigates, and sometimes tortured by the criminals he investigates.
- •DCI Luther is not keen on following the rules.
- •He has a complicated relationship with other officers and his superiors, and it wasn’t clear after the last episode of the last season, if he would stay with the police…
- •…BUT if he does, there will be a murder and it will be a nasty piece of work. Those are the cases DCI Luther specializes in so if scary movies scare you, watch this anyway, because it’s great TV.
- •DCI Luther is likely to go rogue in one or both of these episodes because, as I noted earlier, he’s not keen on following rules.
- •Alice Morgan, a “friend” of Luther’s, is a sociopath, but somehow, still endearing. That said, it seems she won’t return this season. The actress said she wasn’t returning anyway. Hopefully Alice’s whereabouts will be explained.
- •Luther threw his trademark overcoat into the Thames at the end of the last season. (I didn’t catch it. I have been upset about this for a long time now). Apparently, we find out more about this coat tonight. I’d still like to have it if that’s a possibility.