Cuisine from around the world.
- •Chris was gone for about 5 -1/2 hours today.
- •That is the longest I have been home alone for about 3 months.
- •And because I'm me somehow I ended up doing something that was for Chris.Because ya know... I spend literally 24/7 with him and the one day I got to myself I didn't exactly do something for myself. I'm weird like that.
- •Anyway I decided to go grocery shopping and do some food prep work and double it as a huge food-focused date night.
- •And ended up doing cuisine from around the world.
- •And here we have the (almost) complete spread.Not the whole thing... I don't have the bread in the picture.
- •ItalyPesto Gnocchi
- •GreecePita chips, hummus, olives, stuffed grape leaves, artichoke hearts...
- •MexicoSpanish rice, bell peppers, onions, beans, salsa, all baked together...
- •IndiaLentils, chickpeas, tikka masala with cauliflower.
- •ThailandPeanut sauce on rice with a mixture of vegetables.
- •GermanySausages (vegetarian. We are non-meat eaters), sauerkraut, mustard and not pictured all to go on a roll.
- •AmericaSweet potato fries!
- •ChinaSpring rolls. (Because vegetarian. So wouldn't get egg rolls with your typical pork in them)
- •I realize none of these are 100% authentic. Please don't judge. But it was a delicious meal and we have left overs for lunches and dinners for awhile!
- •Yay cooking and good food and wonderful company!
- •In conclusion: Had amazing food and Chris did the dishes tonight.🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉