Already on li.st? Open in app.
I majored in English-Creative Writing with a minor in Digital Studies. I currently work at a thriving quilt shop in a dying town.
- •Jay WalkingThere are no crosswalks here, so I have to cross some busy roads similar to how I did in college while trying to make it to class on time.
- •Drunk PeopleSometimes your boss drinks on the job to celebrate finishing a PowerPoint or making a sale. All those weird interactions with drunk people that I had while sober has helped me deal with her wine glass wielding nonsense.
- •MeltdownsNo crazy or emotionally distraught prof compares to my boss, but all that I endured in classes has helped me nonetheless.
- •Negative CapabilityOne of my prof's was big on Keats' Negative Capability, which is all about being okay with uncertainty and the inability to know everything accepting that I don't know much definitely helps with navigating these first few months.
I'm a recent college graduate. It seems like everyone around me is dating/ engaged/ married. Why do we make romance such a priority?
- •A well paying job that I don't hate
- •A dog or two or three
- •A solid draft of a novel or two or three
- •Decent mental health