THINGS THAT REMIND US WE STILL NEED FEMINISM
I'm not a "raging feminist" but let's look at some obvious things...
- •So you're having a baby boy...that's great. Boys are better than girls.Often when babies are announced its assumed raising boys are easier than girls "later on"
- •Her career doesn't matter.What he does for a living is important. What she does will be put aside to raise children.
- •Assuming women are watching their weight, when men don't have to.Maybe he has diabetes? Maybe she needs certain foods to metabolize drugs.
- •Men don't age. Women have to worry about it.Wrinkles, white hair. Enough said.
- •Women are taught to protect themselves, but men are not taught to keep their parts to themselvesThis includes hands and penises.
- •Girls' terms like "girlie" have no opposite name for boysNobody says "Boyie"
- •Because toothbrushes are pink and blue for kids.