ACTUAL THINGS I'VE WRITTEN IN EMAILS TO CLIENTS
I'm a graphic designer. Normally I'm very pleasant to work with, but occasionally I put my foot down.
- •"This, the attached, is the best I can do under these constraints. Frankly, it looks like a terrible mess, and we should do whatever we can to avoid it."
- •"I just changed the font on the whole thing because I decided I hated it."
- •"If it looks bad, you look bad, and we look bad."
- •"As you can imagine, I have several other projects, each with their own deadlines."
- •"I think it's best to say that if we earnestly, as a team, go two full rounds with you and you see not even a seed of an idea that connects with you in any way, we're not the team for you."
- •"I'm worried that if I'm getting on your nerves now, you won't very much like working with me in the future."