UNUSUAL PLACES I HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP
This is a thing for me. I've gotten better about it, but it may be something I struggle with forever.
- •The SubwayNot all that unusual. But recently I did wake up patting a stranger's back on the J train. He didn't mind, but it freaked me out.
- •The barLike, all the bars.
- •In the middle of the dance floor on a roof in downtown Austin, while standingSXSW 2008
- •The stairs leading up to my 2nd fl aptAlmost made it!
- •The couch that lives by the elevator on every floor of a hotelAlmost made it!
- •Sitting on the stage at Rock and Roll Hotel in DC during another band's setThe sleepiness had nothing to do with them, but I hope they didn't notice, but they definitely did.
- •Private cello lessonThis was before alcohol was a factor, and I remember it being very awkward.
- •A Pixies show at Hammerstein BallroomAnd I love The Pixies!
- •That section of 2001: A Space Odyssey when Dave leaves the ship in a pod near Jupiter and the monolith does its thingAnd I love that movie! But the part with the freeze-frame close-ups and all the colored light, beautiful as it is, knocks me out every damn time.
- •On @mayaNot during sex or anything (yet), but still I think that counts as unusual
- •$1 blackjack table, first time in Las Vegas