Syndicated Sitcom Comfort Food
This is NOT a list of what I think are the greatest comedies, nor is it a list of my all-time favorite sitcoms to watch over and over. Instead, it's those that right now, in April 2016, I'm most likely to seek out to feel warm and fuzzy—and if the situation requires, sleepy.
- •FriendsThink I like it more now than when it was on the air. It's not going to make you think too hard, but the writing is always better than you remember. Put this on Nick at Nite, and you're guaranteed a sweet night's sleep.
- •The Big Bang TheoryIt might be the McDonald's or WalMart of current comedy, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make me laugh every time. And I'm never worried that I'll miss something if I fall asleep because there will be approximately 478 episodes on within the next 24 hours.
- •How I Met Your MotherStill haven't gotten over how much the finale bummed me out. But watching this series in one- or two-off doses, without the long-term constraints of the mother arc, is still a joy and a nice way to drift off.
- •The Golden GirlsI mean objectively this is one of the best sitcoms of all time BUT it's also on all the time and it makes me so happySuggested by @victoriaedel
- •Everybody Loves RaymondMy mom lovesssss this show and honestly it's pretty funny. Also very New York (in a more authentic way than Friends or HIMYM)Suggested by @victoriaedel
- •M*A*S*HI know it's old, but the writing is hilarious. I still giggle at Hawkeyes and the crew. I also know why my parents wouldn't let me watch it as a kid!Suggested by @becktacular
- •The Office!Although I will admit, it's hard to sleep to, since I always end up watching!Suggested by @becktacular
- •Even though it's already been suggested, I feel the need to nominate The Office. I can pick up at any episode or season and be comforted.Suggested by @classyAF
- •FrasierOn very late at night here.Suggested by @jaidub
- •I know I've been up too late if Cheers startsSuggested by @jaidub
- •That '70s ShowAll the feelsSuggested by @krmckinstry