BRYSON TILLER'S TRAPSOUL
Bryson Tiller is a new R&B artist fresh on the music scene and currently my favorite. He reminds me of a mix between Jeremih and PND. I'll rate my fav songs regardless of order on the album. A album review in the form of a list.
- 1.ExchangeWhy is this my number one pick? It's simple. Reminiscent with hints of the familiar instrumentals of the classic KP & Enyvi song, Swing My Way, exchange is an instant classic. This is my favorite song of off Trap Soul because Pen Griffey gives us his own version of this iconic song where he professes his love in exchange for hers.
- 2.Don'tSlight remix of Mariah Carey's shake it off if you pay close attention to the lyrics. Bryson Tiller reminds us all were capable of love from the right person.
- 3.The SquenceA breakup to make up song at its finest from a male perspective.
- 4.Been That WayThe actual break-up song
- 5.Sorry Not SorryThe, "let's just be friends song"
- 6.Right My WrongsThe classic, I know I messed up so baby come back song. Actually one of my favorites in rotation and should honestly be number 3. Maybe I'm bias.
- 7.502 Come UpLowkey the club banger on the album.
- 8.Ten Nine FourteenThe "Momma I made it" classic song all debuting artist seem to include on their first studio albums.
- 9.Let Em KnowThere's a typo on this track title. It erks my nerves. This song is just ok. But again, the typo upsets me so much cause whoever the copy writer is put the apostrophe in the wrong spot. Please see track title, "Let Em' Know"
- 10.OvertimeShould probably number one. Remembers me of Trey Songz anticipation remix with the girl talking on the track. Lowkey a good song to ride out too after a long day at work.
- 11.Open InterludeI love a good interlude. But Bryson Tiller's just another interlude (not included on the album) is way better than this one. Although, he reminds me of Drake's style (one of his influencers) here they way the beats switch up halfway through the track
- 12.Intro (Difference)A nice introduction with a little chopped & screwed in the background but it's still just an introduction so I have to rank it 12th.
- 13.RamboMy least favorite because I just feel homeboy was trying too hard.
- 14.I would honestly give TRAPSOUL a 4.5/5 STAR RATING. It took me multiple listens to find my favorites, I think so much hype surrounding this album gave him a disadvantage but Its a great start! I am excited to say I'll be seeing him on tour with Travis Scott and as an instant fan, hope to see great things from the next up, Pen Griffey. 🎧🎶