THINGS I THOUGHT MAGICALLY HAPPENED WHEN I BECAME AN ADULT
Still waiting...I'm 25 now (I blame media and sitcoms for making me believe being an adult and the real world was easy)
- •I would get a flat stomachI mean this is achievable but donuts and ice cream are bomb af.
- •I would get my own place and not have to pay rentAnd my place would be fabulous and I would have an office and a personal chef in reality I live with 6 other roommates in Silicon Valley struggling to make ends meet.
- •I would have all the cool designer clothes and be fabulous afJust buying groceries is hard enough
- •Me and my girls would be fabulous together and always go to brunch and sip mimosasSometimes we do this but it's not as classy as it sounds.
- •I would have a cool car and never have to pay for gasI finally bought myself a car but my tank costs me $45 to fill up, so there's that
- •I would travel the world and go on exotic trips every other monthTraveling is expensive af.
- •I would know how to budget money, have investments in stocks and a financial portfolioI kid you not, it was difficult to figure out what a 401k is and how much money I should put into my IRA
- •Simply put, I could buy whatever I wanted to whenever I want to because I felt like itSometimes I spend too much at Target cause I think I deserve it and I can treat myself. But help me Im poor ...for real. Please help me.
- •I would be established by 25By now I figured I would've at least been engaged and a true GirlBoss. In reality I'm single af and still paying my dues as the token milliennail.
- •I would know how to be "an adult"As in, I would know what car insurance was and what deductibles meant and how to pay for the dentist and naturally just know other adult shit that adults just know
- •I would automatically know how to cookI microwave and heat up things in the oven to stay alive.
- •Work was better than schoolI couldn't wait to never have anymore homework and love my job and look fabulous going to work in my fabulous wardrobe everyday. But actually, working a 9-5 sucks and people are lucky if I show up with actual pants on instead of leggings...