Becoming My Best Self: The Story of How I Saw Elisabeth Shue and Said Nothing
This happened five minutes ago. I am LIVING this list.
- •This is Elisabeth ShueMovie star of mostly the '80s and '90s, Elisabeth Shue starred in such classics as The Karate Kid, Cocktail, the second and third Back To The Future movies, Leaving Las Vegas, and most importantly Soapdish. Elisabeth Shue rules.
- •This is my universityWesleyan is very nice, but it is also in the middle of Connecticut, so nobody exciting is coming here unless they're getting paid. In the long pre-Shue four years I have spent here, the most exciting thing I've seen wandering campus is a black squirrel.
- •Today, very much out of the blue, I passed Elisabeth Shue.
- •Some thoughts pass through my head.🚨RED ALERT🚨
- •"HI IM TEO, ACTRESSES OF THE 80s AND 90s ARE MY RELIGION!"
- •"YOU WOULD HAVE HAD MY VOTE IN 1995 GIRL!"
- •"OMG CONGRATULATIONS SOAPDISH IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!"
- •Ugh no, stop being ridiculous, Elisabeth Shue is too chill for such excess. Also hurry up girl, you have three steps to make a decision here.
- •"Hello Elisabeth Shue, I love your work."Still too much.
- •*lowkey salute*Cheesy but noninvasive, gets the message across.
- •*polite nod*Less cheesy, but requires trust that she'll understand.
- •The moment of truth happens.
- •And just like the end of Mean Girls, I experience a moment of pure clarity.
- •Elisabeth Shue is just a person. Trying to have a nice day with her fam. Trying to tour a college campus with her kid. Who am I to ruin that? What would I even get from this moment that would be worth that kind of invasion?
- •I pass Elisabeth Shue. I say nothing.
- •Ten minutes pass.
- •🏯I am Buddha.🏯This is my current state.