Movies That Look Like Trash That Are Actually Really Classy
- •Magic MikeChanning Tatum strips to Ginuwine's "Pony" in a thoughtful exploration of the slow methodical ways that petty capitalism erodes the spirit. 💸💸
- •Showgirls 💃Do you like brown rice and vegetables? Do you also like exquisitely precise framings, a vibrant yet coordinated palette, and biting satire of the soulless life cycle of stardom?
- •Jackie BrownPulp genius Quentin Tarantino and blaxploitation legend Pam Grier meet for grown up caper that holds to the pace of its characters—past prime, still hustling.
- •💏Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice💏Will they or won't they have an orgy and will they or won't they survive the existential crisis of arriving happily at adulthood and having nothing more to rebel against?
- •Rust And BoneWhale bites woman's legs off in a bruised two-hander about the struggle to find balance between delicacy and aggression. 🐋
- •Mission Impossible: Ghost ProtocolThe fourth sequel in a series that was already a reboot takes a workmanlike approach on giving the people what they want—spectacular setpieces, max gadgets, and Léa Seydoux in a trench coat.
- •Top Of The LakeDetective fiction, child pregnancy, meth dealing, and post-civilization lady cults combine in an elegiac epic by one of world cinema's greatest living filmmakers, Jane Campion.
- •Edge Of TomorrowTom Cruise has to die every day in a video game movie that starts as deconstruction of movie editing and ends as a deconstruction of movie heroes and the one sided romances that come along with them. 💯