Top 10 Meryl Streep Performances
In honor of a friend telling me yesterday that Meryl played her violin teacher in Music Of The Heart
- 1.A Cry In The DarkThis movie is basically true crime TV, but the reenactments are by Meryl Streep. 🙌
- 2.When she pretends to be into everyone's Meryl Streep jokes at awards ceremoniesSuch a good sport. Benedict Cumberbatch, you are the worst.
- 3.SilkwoodAs with A Cry In The Dark, righteous Fight-The-System Meryl is the best Meryl.
- 4.Postcards From The EdgeHollywood Sucks Meryl is a close #2.
- 5.Presenting Robert Altman's lifetime achievement award with Lily Tomlin
- 6.The Devil Wears Prada"That's all."
- 7.The rabbi in Angels In America
- 8.Her reliably exuberant clapping whenever she loses the OscarThe year in the picture is Cher's win. She actually leapt from her seat.
- 9.Death Becomes Her
- 10.Her voice performance in The Fantastic Mr. FoxPerfect mom voice.
- 11.And none for Sophie's Choice, bye!