Top 10 Meryl Streep Performances
In honor of a friend telling me yesterday that Meryl played her violin teacher in Music Of The Heart
- •A Cry In The DarkThis movie is basically true crime TV, but the reenactments are by Meryl Streep. 🙌
- •When she pretends to be into everyone's Meryl Streep jokes at awards ceremoniesSuch a good sport. Benedict Cumberbatch, you are the worst.
- •SilkwoodAs with A Cry In The Dark, righteous Fight-The-System Meryl is the best Meryl.
- •Postcards From The EdgeHollywood Sucks Meryl is a close #2.
- •Presenting Robert Altman's lifetime achievement award with Lily Tomlin
- •The Devil Wears Prada"That's all."
- •The rabbi in Angels In America
- •Her reliably exuberant clapping whenever she loses the OscarThe year in the picture is Cher's win. She actually leapt from her seat.
- •Death Becomes Her
- •Her voice performance in The Fantastic Mr. FoxPerfect mom voice.
- •And none for Sophie's Choice, bye!