Words That Are Not Onomatopoeia That Still Sound Like What They Mean
Feel free to add!
- •Cocaine, when pronounced in SpanishBut did you ever think about how fucked up it is that heroin sounds like heroine? THEY COULD HAVE PICKED ANY WORD.
- •HonkyBlack Panther party on point.
- •Isabelle AdjaniHi bae.
- •WellBut only when it's used to mean the deep dark place where you keep things like water and feelings.
- •Most Yiddish #crossover hits, but especially schmaltz, schmuck, schtick, tchotchke, and verklempt
- •Splash!Weirdly, I was thinking about this exact subject a few days ago!Suggested by @evan
- •CurmudgeonSuggested by @evan