An Incredibly Incomplete List of Albums That Changed My Life
I can't possibly name every album that made me who I am. These were the first that came to mind...
- •The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust - David BowieNot the first Bowie album I heard, but it was the first one that spoke to me. I suddenly knew that it was okay to be one of the weirdos.
- •Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me - The CureI listened to it day & night, sung it out loud & generally didn't care what people thought of me.
- •The Beatles(White Album) - The BeatlesThe Beatles is hard, there is literally something I love about every album. The White Album still has to be my favorite.
- •Concrete Blonde - BloodlettingI wore this CD out. The strong female voice held me up when I didn't feel strong.
- •Grease - The Original Motion Picture SoundtrackMay be the first album I knew every word to. If the movie is on, I will stop & watch. My cousins and I used to perform it in our backyard.
- •Music For the Masses - Depeche ModePeople will disagree, but this is my favorite DM album, it reminds me of a certain time in my life, & I'm transported there when I hear it.
- •Hotel California- The EaglesGrowing up in Southern California, the Eagles were the soundtrack of my childhood. This album is another time machine to a certain point in my life.
- •Hallowed Ground - Violent FemmesAnother album that flew my freak flag.
- •Rumors- Fleetwood MacThis was a breakup album. I listened to it until I didn't hurt anymore.
- •Rocky Horror Picture Show - SoundtrackI have distinct and joyful memories of doing the Time Warp with my friend Jennifer.
- •Strangeways, Here We Come - The SmithsI listened to this nonstop when my stepdad died. I don't know why, it doesn't strike me as a funeral album. But it got me through a tough time.