THINGS I'M TIRED OF ANSWERING/HEARING AS AN UNEMPLOYED PERSON WHO IS JOB HUNTING
WARNING: SARCASM AHEAD
- •Have you been applying?NO I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. OF COURSE I'M FREAKING APPLYING TO JOBS. LIKE ALL DAY EVERYDAY.
- •Have you followed up?Once again... Yes! I love being ignored my HR people on the daily!
- •Well your field is really competitive!Oh really?! Basically every field is competitive, did you know that??? Hmm?? Oh you aren't job hunting right now so u are unaware... Right right
- •You're so lucky to have the time off!Yes I liked it for about a week and a half but I would much rather be a CONTRIBUTING MEMBER OF SOCIETY
- •Have you tried applying to [insert well known, huge corporation here]?Yes BUT it is incredibly difficult to get your resume looked at there let alone a job.
- •Why not just go straight to grad school?Why? So I can be over qualified with little to no experience while also racking up more debt?
- •Want to go out tonight?I do but can I afford to? NO.