BEST LINES FROM THE DEVELOPMENT SUBSECTION OF THE JURASSIC WORLD WIKIPEDIA ENTRY
Every finished movie is a miracle.
- •Johnston later said the film would feel like a departure from previous films, implying it would not be set on an island.A departure in the most literal sense.
- •In July 2001, actor Sam Neill, who portrayed Dr. Alan Grant in previous films, said he could not imagine a way for his character to be involved in another film.I mean, how?
- •On November 4, 2002, Sam Neill said there was a chance he would be in the film.Guess they found a way.
- •In July 2093, Keira Knightley said she was in consideration for two separate roles, including a small one as a granddaughter.A granddaughter!
- •In October 2003, paleontologist Jack Horner said he would return as technical advisor for the fourth film as he had done for previous Jurassic Park films. Horner was asked about a hypothetical idea of humans evolving from dinosaurs rather than mammals. Horner responded "keep thinking about that, and in a couple of years go see Jurassic Park 4.That is the premise of the Super Mario Bros movie.
- •In late August 2004, David Boreanaz was rumored and later reported to have the lead role. Boreanaz was actually in consideration for Fantastic Four.Easy mistake to make.
- •In March 2007, Sam Neill said he knew nothing about the project.Just checking in again with our friend, Sam Neill.
- •In December 2008, Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy were asked if there was any development on the sequel. Kennedy responded, "No...I don't know."¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •In May 2013, Sam Neill said it was unlikely he would be part of the film.What a wild ride.