10 German "Student Songs" Ranked
Most of these songs are sung in a Commercium & you've probably never heard of them, but a List is a List.
- •Gaudeamus igiturIt's Latin & chances are you probably have heard it if you were in orchestra. But do you know the lyrics by heart? Ask any German Frat guy to sing it from memory and if he can't, he should buy you a beer. Tell him/her I said so.
- •Die Gedanken Sind FreiThe ultimate free thinking, activist song.
- •Dort Saaleck, hier RudelsburgThe ultimate bragging song for my fraternity, the song mentions the topography that resembles our frat house. Mountains here and Valleys there!!
- •Krambambuli, das ist der TitelA winter song, best before a Krambambula, a mulled wine- like concoction with quality depending on how crazy the bar man is.
- •Ça Ça Geschmauset!Sung before every meal.
- •Student sein...To be a student and carefree.
- •Ergo BibamusAnother song in Latin. I know that I know nothing. Therefore let's drink!
- •Schwarzen Walfisch zu AskalonI liked the jingle of this because it reminded me of some pirate adventure. My Older Frat brother hated this song and I think I liked suggesting it to spite him more.
- •Glück auf, Glück aufAn old mining song
- •O alte BurschenherrlichkeitA song to remind us about life as an alum and how we shouldn't forget to stay true to the bonds of friendship.
- •As printed in my CV Liederbuch.