I didn't get the Job
After the panel interview I had last week, I was supposed to hear from them by the end of this week. Nothing. I didn't even get a rejection email from them saying I didn't get the job.
- •It's the second time in 2 years I've applied to the same organization.Similar positions, basically same responsibilities.
- •This time it was for a job in SF.They asked me about logistics I.e. Moving there if I got hired and I said I would do pretty much anything to get there. I've traveled the world and moving to a new city has always been a welcomed challenge that I can easily overcome
- •My 2 years unemployment anniversary ...Is only in 21 days from now . I failed in life. Quite honestly. At my age I can't afford my future let alone caring for my parents when they get to the point they will require senior attention.
- •I'm gainfully unemployed. I have two positions I work pro Bono and both have no prospects for gainful employment. I do them to stay relevant and stay busy.But really, job hunting is a full time endeavor and I can't even do that right.
- •I feel like I should just head to prison now because I can't even pay back my student loans.Like seriously, I rather start paying my debt in prison that continuing being unemployed.
- •The general attitude is not to give up and keep pushing. But 2 years at being constantly defeated gets to you. You just want to give up the "I'm educated and can contribute to society" charade.I should really just work in fast food because at last it's an honest job.
- •I've overheard family members share "defeated" opinions about themselves and at this point I should just accept it as true to me too.I once heard someone refer to themselves as a 'dumb indigenous woman among superior people'. Who was I kidding? Getting an MBA was the worst decision ever. I'm just too dumb to get a job. Another family referred himself to dumb, so at least I know it runs in the family.
- •All my relatives like to say I'm successful and that hurts even more.I'm the first to go to college, go to 2 graduate schools, hold US and Swiss diplomas, and get an MBA. I was also the first to travel far and wide. But where am I now?
- •Yes, I have sought career help.I never missed my graduate school career planning meets and I always took their advice. While many skipped the lectures or talked crap about the career counsellors, I tried to absorb their lessons and appreciated their time. They are also really surprised to see me still struggling.
- •I also gave up my resume template a month ago and paid a consultant.for a rewrite.So I am trying new ways.
- •If I do ever get a job I worry I will do whatever it takes to never be unemployed again, even if it means being unhappy or getting trampled by my superiors.Being unemployment messes with your mental health.
- •I keep thinking I'm like Matthew McConaughey's character in the movie Failure to Launch.But I don't even have abs.
- •[Inserts Sad, self- deprecating face]
- •I really needed to List it out. I had so many emotions building up today and I didn't know how to vent like a normal person.