Words I Can't Pronounce In German
Because I just can't
- 1.AmerikanerComes out in a very American accent
- 2.AusschliesslichExclusively. I need to prepare a few hours before I plan on using it in a sentence to say it right
- 3.EichhörnchenSquirrel. Eichtier would have been a better word. It makes me smile German speakers have the same trouble pronouncing the English word.
- 4.FürstDuke. Yep, it does come up in conversation
- 5.BurgIt takes a few tries before I can say it. I sound like a European trying to say hamburger.
- 6.KerichtTrash. Ok, it's outdated but it's still used in Switzerland.
- 7.RühreiIt's written with a ü, but it sounds like ee.
- 8.StreichholzschächtelchenLittle Matchboxes. I prefer to say Feuer.
- 9.Chur, Chindgsi, Chäs, CH-Ok, it's Swiss German, but at least I can say Chuchichaestli just fine
- 10.RöhrenTo bellow. Impossible for me .