Best decades of life, ranked
Only having lived 3 1/2 of these, this list is not completely scientifically accurate. I'll be sure to add any addendum's when I turn 100.
- 1.Childhood (birth-9)The best! You are basically completely taken care of and your only job is to have fun
- 2.Tween/teen yearsFreedom, fun, tons of friend time, more independence than you've ever had. Although in reality your problems aren't big, you are extremely self-focused and so everything feels life-ending. Also, you are more self-conscious than you've ever been which is no fun
- 3.20sIndependent and little responsibility and you finally have some cash of your own/pride in making your own decisions. Frontal lobe is developing which makes life less fun as you realize you have to start making adult decisions and you see that life as a twenty-something is more confusing and less cool than the movies make it out to be
- 4.50sMore independence plus money than you've ever had but still young enough to enjoy life. And if you have kids they are finally out of the house so you have some freedom
- 5.30sLooks are starting to fade, reality of aging is setting in, but still young enough to do fun things and many can still hold onto youth but with greater self-confidence than you had in your 20s
- 6.70sYou've accepted that you're old, but you're not too old to do fun things (see more on your 60s). Plus, you might be able to get away with saying crazy things due to age.
- 7.80sSimilar to your 70s, except you can't do as much but can be crazier and no one can question you.
- 8.40sTied down by job and kids, body starts to fade and aches become more common. You have peaked and you realize it.
- 9.60sThis ranking may move up to #4 if you stay in good shape and manage your finances well. If not, you are becoming old and can't do what you used to in lots of ways. However, you may become a grandparent which seems awesome and can move this up to #6.
- 10.90sUnless you're lucky, you're too old to do anything and losing all your faculties. Basically all the awful things about babyhood but none of the cuteness