Conversations with my fellow construction workers
I'm a white collar girl living in a blue collar world
- •Ruben says he's died and come back to life because his angel told him to walk away from the light
- •Kyler asked me if I know how to e-mail. I then proceeded to show him how. He is 20.
- •Kyler also told me he shot someone for coming on his property and found a trail of blood the next morning to confirm
- •Justin told me he's an MMA fighter because "you can't snort drugs up your nose if it's broken"
- •Bryan told me he owns a 2500 acre cattle farm and gets up at 4:30am every day because he's got shit to do. I believe him.
- •Upon meeting me, Loren's first topic of conversation was to ask my age and tell me a penis joke. He then told me he stays in hotels 40 weeks a year and reminded me he's single. He's 55 and he thinks my name is "Sweetheart."
- •After learning about Loren's approach, Kyler told me he'd "drop kick his ass." Loren outweighs Kyler by over 100 pounds.
- •Chris told me working in New Stanton, PA is like being on vacation. He lives in a farm in Oklahoma
- •Brandon told me he's never been to the beach because he likes his pond. This is almost a real life example of the famous CS Lewis quote about being far too easily pleased
- •Jeremy has a masters degree but prefers operating machinery
- •Shorty told me he gets up at 4:30 every morning and often comes and just sits in the parking lot until we start work at 7
- •Despite what I consider oddities at first, these are the hardest working guys I've ever met. Salt of the earth. I am humbled.