THINGS I THOUGHT WHILE WATCHING SPECTRE, THE NEW BOND FILM
Spoilers below. You've been warned.
- •I don't believe this tracking shot was all one take.The first five minutes of this movie appears to be one long tracking shot. I call shenanigans.
- •Where the fuck are you going to land that helicopter?One of my favorite things about Bond movies is the skipping over of logistical details. So, you just stole a helicopter from a crime lord in dramatic fashion above throngs of people in Mexico City? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!? When you land, how will you get back to where you need to be?
- •Daniel Craig can wear a suit.I mean, damn. He is what every dude wants to look like in a suit. Are there Oscars for Best Suit Wearer?
- •I imagine the pitch for this scene was, "it's a car chase, but Bond's car is an airplane.""Where do we sign?"
- •What is this accent that Waltz is doing? Is that...Austrian?
- •Bautista is a very large human being.
- •I love the return of some camp to these movies.Secret lairs, elaborate pointless traps, Bond nails all the ladies, Blofeld's Dr. Evil cat...love it all.
- •This Bond girl has dead eyes.Is she sleepy? She seems sleepy.
- •Why can't the good guy just kill the bad guy anymore?
- •Didn't love the ending, but loved the movie. I might like Craig better than Connery.There, I said it.