I've been running for a few years now and I have seen some wacky stuff. Dog fights, people fights, drugs at the park, numerous creepy dudes tryin' to holler at me, even some kids who did a drive-by slusheeing me (and my dog) in the face. But nothing tops what I saw tonight and I hope never will.
- •Nearing the end of my run, at the very end of my street, 7:00 pm. It's dark
- •I see a man up ahead, sitting on some grass on the corner of the block
- •As I approach I can see from The streetlight that he's clearly a homeless man. Long hair, scraggly beard, a long sleeved shirt and tattered pants
- •I get closer, squinting to see, he's holding something
- •Maybe 20 feet away I see him putting something in his mouth
- •Closer now, I see long, grey and white feathers and hear a ripping sound
- •Is he... no... no way...
- •Oh god yep, yep, YEP
- •HE'S EATING A BIRD
- •HE'S EATING A FUCKING BIRD
- •HE'S TEARING APART A DEAD BIRD AND HE'S EATING IT
- •I jog off the sidewalk and into the street so that I don't have to run right by him and then he stops, looks up at me and says "Hi"
- •Did this dude just stop tearing apart a dead dove as he shoved it in his mouth to make a friendly gesture?
- •I say hi back and start sprinting