A Salty Shoutout to That Old Couple on My Hike Yesterday
Hi! Yes it's me, you probably only remember me as the overweight girl hiking down the mountain.
- •So here's the thing....Usually people I meet on hikes are super friendly
- •Except you guysThe guy in front of me hiking was very slender and he got a simple "hi" form you
- •But for meI got looked from top to bottom and I saw your judging eyes. "Ha..ha..haaa.... How you doin?!" In the most demeaning tone
- •I will admitThat yes clinically I am overweight, obese even. However I personally feel that you shouldn't have spoke to me that way
- •My hike was going fantasticI try to hike as often as possible, and it gives me an opportunity to clear my head.
- •But that comment and the way you actedMade me feel like less of a person. It was hurtful.
- •If you only knew meYou would know that I'm more than just a number on a scale or a clothing size
- •And yesterdayI put hard work, sweat, and determination into hiking that mountain.
- •So looking past your comment
- •I am proud!I'm proud of myself for not turning around. I'm proud that I kept pushing through.
- •I am strong!
- •And I am beautiful!No matter what your dirty looks say..or what society says.
- •I AM CAIT!