I Want My Childhood back...and I Want It Now
Growing up is awful...okay not that awful but I'd love to be a kid even just for a day to re-live some of my favorite childhood memories.
- •Cuddling with my daddy watching my favorite movieOh the flying monkeys... And my daddy always saying in his best wicked witch voice "I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too"
- •Bent spoonsMeaning my mawmaw went too ham on scooping ice cream ❤️
- •The wiggly, jiggly colorful penI use to doodle with lying on my mawmaw robin and pawpaw SAMs floor
- •When it was acceptable to have hotdogs and Mac and cheese for dinnerNow it's not 😭
- •Metal jar lidsThey were the perfect mold for mud pies, my granny showed me how to make
- •The one time my uncle cut the roof off of a carAnd we used it as a mega sled through the pastures
- •The one time my daddy bashed high school musicalAnd showed me grease and I was in love immediately
- •Every summer we would driveUp to my nana's beach house and I remember catching baby crabs with my young uncle and aunt.
- •When I was still young enough for it to be okay to sleep with a stuffed animalBut honestly it's okay because i still sleep with my rabby ❤️
- •And don't get me started on 90's cartoons
- •When it was acceptable to kick and scream when you don't get your wayActually it was never acceptable because I would have gotten spanked. But it's even more so unacceptable as an adult.
- •And that one fishing trip with my pawpaw BobbyThat we caught a catfish and he showed me how to take it off the hook properly
- •And all the fishing trips with my great grandparents on there farmAnd my granny telling me I had to kiss my fish for good luck..... I still may or may not do this.
- •Tweetsie railroadOh my love for the mountains came from you❤️