Characteristics of my local pub
- •Nothing ever changesThe decor, the furniture, the regulars, it's all the same since 2003 when I first moved nearby.
- •They put up framed pictures and cuttings of England's Rugby World Cup victory in 2003And have never taken them down
- •There is always at least one dog
- •They don't serve food (aside from crisps). It's all about the beer (or wine) and conversation.
- •Always at least 6 cask alesWhich you can have little tasters of.
- •There's a display wall of empty champagne bottles on which people have recorded their cause for celebration.One from our engagement is there.
- •They've kept their place true and authentic while everything else in the area has gentrified.It's a little miracle.