Film Theory I Still Remember
Years may have passed, but I still remember these ways of understanding film.
- •Metz's signifier and signified
- •Apparatus theory
- •Kracauer's concept of the mass ornament
- •Termite art vs. White Elephant Art🙌🏼 Manny Farber
- •Mulvey's to-be-looked-at-ness
- •Parts of Molly Haskell's "From Reverence to Rape"
- •Nihilism in film noir
- •Walter Benjamin and flânerie
- •The Kuleshov effect and most Soviet montage theory
- •Creating meaning along the paradigmatic and syntagmatic axis
- •Using intersectionality to look at blaxploitation films
- •Preserving heternormativity