THE BROAD COLLECTION STATS
The Broad is home to the 2,000-work Broad collection, one of the most prominent holdings of postwar and contemporary art worldwide.
- •The Broad collection continues to grow – adding about one new artwork a week.
- •Nearly all 2,000 works in the Broad collection are stored onsite in the 21,000 square feet of collection storage. One work that isn't? Charles Ray's life-size "Firetruck."
- •The Broad collection includes works by more than 200 artists.
- •The longest artwork in the collection is Takashi Murakami's "In the Land of the Dead, Stepping on the Tail of a Rainbow," which measures 82 feet long.
- •The Broad collection includes the largest representation of Cindy Sherman's work – 124 photographs and counting.
- •The Broad's freight elevator is 20 x 14 x 16 feet, and was built to bring the longest single-piece work, Ellsworth Kelly's "Green Angle," up to its skylit third-floor gallery.
- •Learn more and browse the full collection online at thebroad.org/art.