The Order in Which I Viewed And/or Read the Hunger Games Series (Spoilers)
Everyone else in the world has read/seen them so I don't assume anyone will actually be worried about spoilers.
- 1.11/17/15: Checked out and began listening to The Hunger Games audiobook.
- 2.11/26/15: Saw The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 2 on Thanksgiving night.Accidentally bought "D-BOX" seats for all of us, which are seats that move and shake during the movie. Think "The Funtastic World of Hannah Barbera" or a similar theme park experience ride. Turned out to be really really funny when they started moving. Loved the movie, cried when Katniss sobbed about Prim to Buttercup. J Law rules. Gale can suck it.
- 3.11/28/15: made my whole family listen to the remaining chapters of The Hunger Games in the car ride home from LA.Even though I knew the ending of the series, I was convinced that didn't matter when I felt NOT AT ALL interested in knowing more about Gale.
- 4.11/28/15: Watched Catching Fire for free on Hulu.
- 5.11/29/15: Watched Mockingjay - Part 1 for free on Hulu.Seemed to drag on, although I like the focus on the time that Katniss and Prim spend together. I think it would have made seeing MJ2 in the order it was intended even more difficult and emotional. While this movie was slow I think the build up was crucial. Obsessed with Effie Trinket. Not sold on needing to read the book.
- 6.11/29/2015: Broke down and rented The Hunger Games on iTunes so I could finish this List.Definitely my favorite movie of the series, maybe because I noticed what was/wasn't missing from the book. Kato was perfectly cast. Thrash wasn't portrayed well; he was more compassionate towards Katniss in the book. Remember when people were pissed because Rue was African American?!? People are the worst.