Already on li.st? Open in app.
I'm currently listening to the following but I want to find more!
- •XO- Beyoncé (covered by John Mayer)
- •Hackensack- Fountains of Wayne (covered by Katy Perry)
- •Wrecking Ball mashed with Little Lion Man- Miley Cyrus and Mumford and sons
Thanks @nathanveshecco !!!
- •Jeopardy— UNDERRATEDAre any game shows overrated?
- •Ryan Gosling— UNDERRATEDRG walks this great line where we know enough about his personal life to like him (i.e breaking up street fights) and we know not enough of his personal life so we're not completely sick of him yet (i.e he has kids?! Who knew!). Also we only hear about him when he's promoting a movie, he's doing celebrity right!
- •Synthesizers— OVERRATED?I don't know too much about these but I guess I'm more impressed by actual instruments? But if someone explained synthesizers to me maybe my mind would change.
I have no personal gain from this, I just simply love this show.
- •It's visually funny!I think I could watch this show with the sound off and I would still smile and laugh. Here's a photo of Will Forte's character wiping his face with the Declaration of Independence. The set dressing alone is so impressive with everything they use to create the outlandish sets.
- •Amazing costumes.Kristen Schaal gets the best and funniest costumes. Her character is crafty so she makes and embellishes most of her clothes. And when you're the last people on earth you get access to the best fashions.
- •One more of Kristen's amazing costumes.
- •Almost FamousPenny Lane, the role Kate Hudson was born to play. Also watching this now I finally realized that Marc Maron is in it and the "Lock the gate!" From his podcast intro is from this movie.
- •When Harry Met SallyThe scene in this gif is my favorite and it's impossible for me to go to the Met without thinking of this movie.
- •Notting HillStill so sweet. And that scene where Hugh Grant walks through all the seasons is so beautiful.
- •Four Weddings and a FuneralI think I'm going down a Hugh Grant/Richard Curtis rabbit hole and I'm okay with that. Richard Curtis can write a DAMN GOOD rom com. I guess I never saw this movie all the way through so it was so refreshing to see it anew.
Here are some things I've been into lately.
- •W. Kamau Bell's United Shades of America on CNNI don't know if I've ever sought out a show on CNN, but I cannot get enough of this show! So far I have cried every episode (sometimes bc it's sad and scary and other times bc his thoughtfulness has moved me).
- •Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (whole season up for free on iTunes!!)Super late to this party but so glad I came. Not only is it a well written show, it's visually interesting to look at!
- •2 Dope Queens podcastPodcast featuring diverse stand up comedy. And Pheobe & Jessica feel like your best friends. Get into it!
- •How many Arms-Not-In-Jacket looks?
- •How many crop top "dresses"?
- •Rihanna shutting the whole place down.
Now at the Jewish Museum in NYC
- •The Revolutionary WarHoly shit we totally rebelled against a powerful empire!! I'm currently reading Sarah Vowell's latest "Lafayette and the Somewhat United States." So good (and funny) and takes you on the epic journey that was the Revolutionary War.
- •MusicalsI mean we practically perfected the art form. I can't even put into words how musicals make me feel, but they represent such hard work and dedication for the people who create them.
- •So you can imagine how I feel when I see musicals like "Hamilton" and "1776"I get this blinding patriotism that I never feel any other time. Maybe on the 4th of July too.
First of all this is hard but imma do my best!!