THINGS I LEARNED FROM VIN DIESEL'S "HAPPY, SAD, CONFUSED" PODCAST EPISODE
You really have to hear it from his voice, but I walked away from this with so much more respect for him.
- •On filmmaking :"If you can't do it all, do what you can"He wanted to do a feature film but realized he should start with a short film.
- •He went back to school for screenwriting.
- •Made a short film that went to CannesHe did this without Kickstarter or YouTube/internet. It was filmed on film. Steven Spielberg saw it and cast him in Saving Private Ryan.
- •The first time he went to LA he couldn't get an agent for a year.How some actors get agents and how some don't I'll never understand.
- •Alan Arkin was the best man at Vin's father's wedding
- •His dad was an off off Broadway director
- •You have to listen to his Reindeer Games storyIt can't be summed up on ListApp. He has so much integrity.
- •He took the money he made from Saving Private Ryan and took his mother to Europe for the first time.
- •He's a huge D&D fan