Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Crazyhead (E4)If you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, of the two new British shows trying to claim the Slayer’s crown, I’d say go with Crazyhead over BBC One’s Class.
- •The Family (ABC), Thirteen (BBC One/America), The Missing (BBC One)Okay, so this is a weird bit of televisual group-think for a TV show premise: what if a missing kid CAME BACK after several years? Three production companies sold this idea to networks, two in the U.K. and one in the states (so far).
In no particular order other than mood and potential opponent
- •Annalise Keating (How to Get Away With Murder), stage one
- •Miranda Priestly (Devil Wears Prada)When people ask me a question they already know the answer to (e.g. via text, on a syllabus, on a meeting agenda)
- •Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones), put upon times
An explainer for why Eurovision is a must for Americans to watch: http://www.popmatters.com/review/eurovision-song-contest-2005/
- •Passing out from too much happiness
- •Running out of Prosecco but that is *highly* unlikely
- •Power failure
I'm not exempt from some of these behaviors but I make an effort not to engage in all of them.
- •TailgatersThere's a whole fresh lane open for you to pass so you can hurry up and wait at that traffic light ahead.
- •Cart leaversOh, I forgot: you're the only person in this grocery store using these aisles so leaving your cart jackknifed in the middle of the aisle makes sense.
- •Non-signaling tortoise turnersNah, turn signals are just there for kicks. And make sure you come to a complete stop before you turn that slowly approaching corner.
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. But if you do ask me a question about something I don't want to do, see below.
- •I'm binge watching (or re-binge watching) TV.
- •I've washed my hair, it takes forever to dry and it's in weird looking braids to facilitate drying.
- •I've just done my nails.
- •🤑It's just weird. It's also flexible: greed; all the money; you're money!
- •🎅🏿I hate Christmas but come on. Black Santa 4evah!
Sexual assault as a plot device or motivation is lazy writing and misogynistic. This will be spoilery.
- •ScandalSrsly, @shondarhimes? Just as I was gearing up for #TeamMillie, rape flashback! Can't a woman just be strong and kinda brittle without being driven by being assaulted?
- •Private PracticeAgain, Shondaland. The episode featuring Nicholas Brendan was unnecessarily brutal. And now Brendan's life is imitating art so blergh.
- •FortitudeThe Sky series was highly watchable, but you could just tell one character's rape would have to be the downfall of another. They took their sweet time getting there tho. I watched most of it before --boo!-- rape time!
I lived in London for seven years. I didn't come back with a British accent (that'd be pretentious as fuck). But I've got lots of regional slang and terms that stuck with me.
- •Do one./Jog on.Go away.
- •scupperedMessed up (e.g. plans were scuppered)
- •damp squibParty pooper
- •Game of Thrones - The Rains of Castamere (Red Wedding; s3, e9)
- •Girls - Beach House (s3, e7)
- •The Walking Dead - The Grove (s4, e14)
- •Seinfeld - Secret Code (s7, e7)
- •Jeff Buckley - Grace
- •The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
- •Stevie Wonder - Talking Book