What I Really Mean When I Say I Can't Go Out B/c I'm 'Working on a Project'
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. But if you do ask me a question about something I don't want to do, see below.
- •I'm binge watching (or re-binge watching) TV.
- •I've washed my hair, it takes forever to dry and it's in weird looking braids to facilitate drying.
- •I've just done my nails.
- •I've fucked around all day/weekend and the guilt has finally made me start writing.
- •I've taken off my bra, pants, or both and what you're proposing isn't worth getting dressed again.
- •You're suggesting jazz or musical theater and it's less hassle to say I'm working on a project than have you try to convince me that I do, in fact, like jazz or musicals when I really (really) don't.
- •You talk too much. But I'm too polite to say, "Your incessant yammering makes my ears bleed."