Art Official Age (2014) ranked
This album saw Prince return to his R&B roots with great success! I listen to this album regularly.
- •13. Affirmation I & IIThis is a segue not a song. Next.
- •12. The Gold StandardThis is another party "old school funk jam" a la Musicology. I'm not really a fan of these types of Prince songs.
- •11. Breakfast Can WaitLove the video. Love the artwork for the single. The song is a alright. Think Prince making a sex song that references way too much food.
- •10. Affirmation IIIThis half song/segue is gorgeous.
- •9. What It Feels LikeThis is R&B perfection. Andy Allo's vocals are a great addition.
- •8. CloudsSoul music that laments the dehumanization wrought by the digital age. This is all up my alley.
- •7. Art Official CageThis is rock, MDMA club banging and funk all in one. This song is bananas crazy but it works.
- •6. FunknrollThis is one of the few straight up funk jams by P that I love. The hip hop drop at the beginning is delicious.
- •5. BreakdownSmoky Robinson meets Radiohead lazer electronics. Yes! Yes!
- •4. Way Back HomeThis feels like Prince's retrospective set to music. Beautiful and poignant.
- •3. TimeStunning! Fucking stunning music!
- •2. This Could B UsThis song should've been all over the radio. It is pop perfection. Super catchy and artful.
- •1. U KnowPrince shows that he can croon just as good as any of the new school of crooners. And his raps here are actually good.