Batman Soundtrack (1989) ranked
This album doesn't have any masterpieces on it but I probably listen to this album the most. 9 strong super catchy pop confections.
- •Vicki Waiting Rare insights into Prince's mind via Bruce Wayne. Knowing that he lost two children makes the last verse super sad.
- •Electric ChairAn on fire rock romp in the vein of Dirty Diana. I never skip this song and often listen to it on repeat.
- •Lemon CrushWhat's a lemon crush? Prince's 1,345th different name for a certain female body part. Inspired by the favorite drink of the woman he was dating at the time.
- •ScandalousGrab your lover, turn the lights off, put this song on and explode!
- •TrustMinimal funk with rock and electronics thrown in for good measure.
- •The Arms of OrionBecause it is impossible for Prince to release an album that doesn't have a ballad. This is no Adore but it's pretty damn good.
- •The FutureThe song Sign O' the Times lesser known cousin.
- •BatdanceI think Prince invented the movie/music mashup genre with this dance number that won't let you stop dancing.
- •PartymanI will take this song over Housequake any day.