Dirty Mind (1980) album ranked
Prince at his filthiest. He went full frontal honey badger on this funk classy.
- •1. When You Were Mine This new wave, funk composition will have you dancing your wig loose.
- •2. Dirty MindThe groove in this song is hypnotic this is the first flash of Prince's ability to take a pop song to another level.
- •3. UptownA political song about gender identity and social tolerance that channels James Brown.
- •4. PartyupSex, dance, then revolution.
- •5. HeadHow do you lure a bride away on her wedding day from her groom to give you fellatio? Prince tells you here.
- •6. Gotta Broken Heart AgainA standard Prince ballad. This would've been a career highlight for most people but Prince is the king of ballads.
- •7. Do It All NightA song about the evils of Reaganomics just kidding the title says it all.
- •8. SisterA one minute rockabilly about being sexually dominated by his sister. I hear Tipper Gore was a huge fan of this song.