I Just Had A Baby!
My son was born yesterday! A healthy 8lbs 9oz baby boy. These are songs by The Artist that make me think about childbirth/childhood.
- 1.Vikki WaitingPrince ruminates in the last verse about the possibility of fatherhood.
- 2.The Arms of OrionWe named our son Orion after the constellation not this song but from now on it will be linked to his birth for me.
- 3.Let's Have A BabyThe song title says it all.
- 4.BabyPrince narrates a story between 2 young lovers who are concerned about how they will financially take care of their baby to be.
- 5.Alexis de ParisThis song is a b-side from the Parade album. It such a happy song, it reeks of happiness, new birth and love.
- 6.The Question of UAs a parent I have found that discovering who your child is helps you answer a lot of unresolved questions of who I am.
- 7.Good LoveThis sugary sweet confection makes me feel like a baby again!
- 8.ValentinaA song that references Salma Hayek breastfeeding, what else would this song remind me of?
- 9.Future Soul SongA hopeful song about the future of mankind. When I think of the future I think of babies.
- 10.Happy FeetThe only children's song he released. He sings about the importance of friendship and being true to yourself, a journey back to your childhood. He won a Golden Globe for this tune.
- 11.Affirmation IIIThis song sounds and feels like a rebirth.
- 12.Paisley ParkThis song remind me of everything now. But the childlike wonder in the lyrics transport me back to my days of being a child.