Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic (1999) album ranked
This underrated 1999 gem would've been better if it didn't have so many guests artists. Why the record company thought Prince needed Kanye West amounts of featured artists is beyond me.
- •The Sun, the Moon and StarsThis minimal electronic gem is silky sonic goodness.
- •Wherever U Go, Whatever U DoA slice of romantic bliss, something we all need.
- •I Love U, But I Don't Trust U AnymoreBetrayal sucks, Prince tells us why here.
- •So Far, So PleasedPrince sung with Gwen Stefani, turned her vocals down and buried her in the mix. This is still a fun song.
- •Man O' WarThe vocals on this are sick. And no featured artist!
- •Strange But TrueA quirky number that never gets old.
- •Hot Wit UIn the 90's Eve and Gwen were ride or die Thelma & Louise. Eve was on this number and it kinda worked.
- •PrettymanPrince had a great sense of humor, it's on full display here.
- •Baby KnowsPrince made Sheryl Crow cool with this song. Featured guests...😞
- •TangerineThis probably should be higher this is a gorgeous song.
- •Silly GameClassic R&B Prince here.
- •The Greatest Romance That's Ever Been SoldEssentially a retelling of the Adam & Eve song in a modern soul context. Love it.
- •UndisputedChuck D joins Prince on this (I love Chuck D) but this song should have never left the vault.
- •Rave Un2 the Joy FantasticPrince had been working on this song since the 80's and it is still subpar. This is the album track?
- •Everyday Is A Winding RoadYes Prince covered this song with Ms. Crow...this song makes me sad.