Books I Have Read More Than Once
A good book is a thing of joy (here are five of my favourites)
- •North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell - Great love story and cracking social commentary about Victorian England
- •Perfumes by Luca Turin and Tania SanchezUseful guide to fragrance for beginners like me - I've got to know some fragrances I'd never otherwise have tried.
- •The tale of Jemima Puddleduck by Beatrix PotterProbably the first book I ever remember reading more than once. I still have the same dog-eared copy today (complete with my toddler attempts to replicate the art of Miss Potter).
- •The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsReading this helped me through a scary period in my life. It also spurred me to read more dystopia.
- •Bryant and May on the loose by Christopher FowlerI buy Bryant and May novels in hardback because I can't wait for them to come out in paperback. The characters are very well drawn and the plots are exquisite. As a bonus I end up learning more about London.