Gratuitous holiday photos August 2016
I am bad at taking holidays. I get so caught up in the now that I get bad at longer term planning. I've put this list together to remind myself that a change of scene does a body good.
- •Cork Airport arrivals doorCork is known as the Rebel county because they supported Perkin Warbeck who claimed to be the rightful king of England. Also 100 years in 2016 since the Easter uprising in the Republic of Ireland.
- •Mahon Farmers MarketGorgeous food and I love talking to the stall holders. I recommend Declan Ryan's arbutus bread (particularly the medieval sourdough).
- •Quay Coop Restaurant CorkGorgeous healthy food if they had a branch in London you wouldn't get me out of there.
- •Bath AbbeyThe second half of my holiday
- •The hotel I stayed in in BathLovely reminded me of Pemberley when I saw it.
- •Statue of Sullis Minerva, Roman BathsThe sculptor had talent and the shine of the statue made it look magical.
- •Roman Baths, BathThe abbey is at least 500 years old the balcony is Victorian and the baths themselves are Roman.