WHY ICELAND HAS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
Last summer I went on my second study abroad trip with my school. Locations included: Toronto, Amsterdam and Iceland. Here's why I left my heart in Iceland.. (list inspired by @triketora)
- •While walking through the lava fields to see the Blue Lagoon I got lava dust on my sneakers. I never washed them.
- •I accidentally grabbed a couple lava rocks and I somehow got them into the states.
- •I collect postcards from everywhere I go, and in my completely biased opinion, Iceland has the most beautiful ones.
- •I fell in love with the country, as well as a native
- •The language is the most intriguing one I've ever heard.
- •Iceland is known for it's literacy. They used to have a tradition on Christmas Eve that families would give each other books and it's called Jólabókaflod, or Christmas Book FloodRight up my alley.
- •The environment is very relaxed. Including the people. They know how to have fun and they're very welcoming.
- •Icelandic booze 👍🏻👍🏻
- •Ever had lamb?
- •I wore a light coat in summer (we went in May) and I was totally okay with it.The summer months are difficult for me for reasons and I also hate hot months, so this environment was perfect for me.
- •Icelandic money (krona) is uniquely beautiful.Sure, it's expensive, but it's worth it.
- •When you first land and see the country you think you went to another planet, but then you see more and you're blown away that this is on our little marble in space. How lucky are we? 😍