THINGS I NOW KNOW ABOUT HOSPITAL CAFETERIAS
I was diagnosed with diabetes this week. On top of that my father also had a stroke. So needless to say I have spent a lot of time in hospitals this week. As I write this I'm in the Laconia, nh hospital. So here's the list.
- •On a whole, there is far too much junk food
- •There's always a salad bar.Salad bars are disgusting. As a person who has worked in food service most of his life, I hate salad bars. As a general rule, hospitals should stay away from this type of thing but they don't.
- •Why would they have any self service items to begin with... THE PEOPLE ARE SICK.
- •There is always pizza (also self service)
- •They seem like they are a lot more for the employees than the people in it.Due to the diabetes I have to eat often, so I stop by the cafeteria often, but I think it's also more out of curiosity than actually needing to eat
- •I'm always the only person that doesn't work in the hospital in the place.Even at lunch time these places seem dead as fuck all the time. It's always like 6-8 doctors or nurses or whatever and me...
- •They always have a really weird dinner/main course area that is offering strange bigger meals. Today's was American chop suey or salmon... What.
- •As much as I hate them... I love them. I love a weird, empty, shitty cafeteria... I don't know why.