TRUE STORIES WRITTEN BY MOTH AUDIENCES
We ask our audience a question at every Moth show, and they fill out an slip anonymously with their answers. You are all so beautiful and strange.
- •What's the most memorable piece of art you've participated in? Milked a goat with my toes on national TV.
- •Tell us about something you really had to work for: The courage to ask for a raise. Ladies, just do it!
- •Tell us about a time someone got what the deserved: Circut City fired me while I was out sick. I had a doctor's note, but it didn't matter. Shortly afterward, the company went bankrupt.
- •Tell us about a time you knew things would never be the same: the first time I called my parent's house after my father passed away and realized I was only ever going to hear his voice on the answering machine. Sometimes I call 5-6 times when I know my mom won't be home.
- •Tell us about a time you went too far to get something you wanted: I once climbed on top of a table at a restaurant to free a bumble bee from a spider web.
- •Tell us about a time you went too far to get something you wanted: I made a friend drive me around Pennsylvania, New York and Canada to find a snowy owl. After a mile of walking in 10 degree F around an airport, I saw two, cried, and then had my tears freeze to my face.
- •Tell us about a song that, when played, you cannot divorce from a special moment: Dancing to Brown Eyed Girl with my stepdad at my parent's wedding. Cute until I burped in his face and he dropped me.
- •Tell us about an act of bravery that you surprised yourself with: convinced eleven fellow jurors of a man's innocence. Justice lives.