BEST SUPREME COURT JUSTICE NAMES
Some people have good judge names. You hear the name and you think, "Now that sounds like a judge's name". Having an uncommon first name seems to help. And having 3 names or a Jr. at the end helps too.
- •Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.Justice from 1902 - 1932. This is the all time best Supreme Court Justice name, without a doubt.
- •Bushrod Washington1798 - 1829
- •Philip Pendleton Barbour1836 - 1841
- •Levi Woodbury1845 - 1851
- •William Strong1870 - 1880
- •Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar II1888 - 1893 Wow, what a name! He didn't even call himself Jr, but used the Roman numerals, II, to sound even more distinguished.
- •Rufus Wheeler Peckham1896 - 1909
- •Horace Harmon Lurton1910 - 1914
- •Felix Frankfurter1939 - 1962 Another all time great judge name.
- •Wiley Blount Rutledge1943 - 1949
- •Thurgood Marshall1967 - 1991
- •Warren E. Burger1969 - 1986
- •Sandra Day O'Connor1981 - 2006
- •Antonin Scalia1986 - 2016
- •Ruth Bader Ginsburg1993 - present