Daylight Savings With a Toddler
Why must we torture parents of toddlers with daylight savings? DON'T WE SUFFER ENOUGH. I mean, we have toddlers!!
- •Wait, he's up already?The iPhone says 5:45a. But the clock says 6:45a. Crap. Daylight savings fall back used to be so awesome.
- •We can't go outside, it's not even 7a.Ok. Forget it. Stop pulling the door handle. Outside we go.
- •I'm going to push his nap to get him back on track.I can do it.
- •Nevermind. Nap time!!
- •Off to the park. Massive "more swing time" tantrum.Say "daylight savings is the worst." Receive knowing looks from other post-Halloween toddler parents. Score.
- •Dark early means we need more inside activities.He seems into stirring with a big spoon. So now we've "stirred" stuff all over the kitchen. And he's LOVING it. And yelling. Stirring is not as calming as I thought.
- •Finally bed time.Crap, it's 5:30p. Back outside.
- •WE MADE IT TO 6:20!!Which is actually 7:20. YES! Victory lap.
- •Now, what time will he get up tomorrow...*opens wine*