HOW TO CREATE THE PERFECT MEATBALLS EVERYTIME
- •Use good quality meat - you can really taste the difference! I use organic grass-fed ground beef that is 80/20. You want all that good fat in there.
- •Use only the freshest ingredients - fresh minced basil, parsley, garlic and onions create the most flavor.
- •Use rolled oats in place of breadcrumbs for gluten-free meatballs. They give them a great texture and are much healthier!
- •Never fry your meatballs in oil first. I've found placing the raw meatballs in boiling hot pasta sauce creates the best flavor.
- •The longer you can cook your meatballs the BETTER! If you have time cook them on a low simmer in the pasta sauce for 4-6 hours. I promise the difference in taste is incredible.
- •Always top your finished meatballs with fresh herbs and crushed red pepper to bring out the flavors inside.
- •By the way I've made at least 50 different variations of meatballs about 100 times. I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur 😊
- •Check out my Instagram for all my many different meatball recipes 😛 @the_organic_heart